Richard W. S. Pershing
- Juris Doctor, Western State University, College of Law, Fullerton, California.
- Bachelor of Arts, Loma Linda University, Riverside, California, cum laude
- Post doctoral studies at Chapman University, School of Law, LLM Program in Taxation program
- Certificate in Mediation, Pepperdine University, School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- Other graduate/undergraduate studies in administration and marketing
Attorney at Law; Mediator
Member of California Bar Association and Partner in Reynolds Jensen & Swan LLP: Emphasis is on estate planning for business and non-business persons and business entity matters and business transactions and mediation of disputes in these and other areas. Clients have ranged from hospitals and hospitals systems to large multi-specialty medical doctors and groups to clinical laboratories, chiropractors, medical practices and home care. Other clients include non-profit foundations, construction companies, engineering and machining firms, restaurants and other types of small businesses. Litigation matters have included: medical practice sale disputes; federal anti-trust claims related to sales of businesses, unlicensed practice of medicine law, cases testing Business & Professions Code 16600; third party contracting rules in health care managed care contracting.
- La Sierra University, School of Business, Center for Conflict Resolution, Director.
- California Southern College of Law, Riverside, California, Faculty: UCC, Article 2; Wills.
- Riverside Community College, Riverside and Norco, California, Adjunct Faculty Member: Business Law I, Introduction to Business, Management Communications.
- Versacare, Inc. a non-profit foundation and public benefit facilities operator.
- Director of Development--Versacare Corporate Office: Duties included corporate acquisitions policy and plans, strategic planning and legal affairs.
- Associate Vice President--Hialeah Hospital, a Versacare facility: Duties included marketing, public relations, strategic planning, foundation, human resources, security, chaplaincy.
- Director of Marketing/Development--Corona Community Hospital, a Versacare facility: Duties included marketing and public relations, strategic planning, foundation.
- Associate Director of Public Relations and Development, Loma Linda University, Riverside: Duties included public information, managing editor for university publications and promotional materials, advisor for student publications.
- Board Member, Progreso Foundation: Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico, Organized the entity and first board and opened Centro Medico Americano, an 8-bed hospital.
- Executive Director, Hialeah Foundation: Organized the entity and first board of directors and fundraising campaigns.
- Executive Director, Corona Community Hospital Foundation: Organized the first board of directors and fundraising campaigns.
- Other volunteer positions have been held with the Magnolia Center Rotary Club, Corona Chamber of Commerce, Corona Community Hospice, Corona Chapter of the American Cancer Society, Corona Kiwanis Club.
Other Community and Professional Activities
- Director, Center for Conflict Resolution, La Sierra University, School of Business
- Judge Pro Tem, Superior Court of California, Riverside County
- Court Appointed Mediator, Superior Court of California, Riverside County
- Mediator with R. C. B. A. Dispute Resolution Service, Inc.
- Member and former Chair, Continuing Education Committee, Riverside County Bar Association
- Member and former Co-Chair, Estate Planning & Probate Section, Riverside County Bar Association
- Strategic Planning Facilitator for San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Strategic Planning Facilitator for Riverside County Bar Association