Barry R. Swan
- Juris Doctor, 1987, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, CA.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1983, University of California, Berkeley, CA. Major in Legal Studies.
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- State Bar of California, SBN 131191, 1987 to present.
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, 1987 to present.
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1988 to present.
- Equity Partner, Reynolds, Jensen, Swan, & Pershing, LLP, Riverside, CA. 2000-present. Civil litigation, trials, arbitrations, mediation. Business, Real Estate, Construction and Trucking Industry Litigation. Creditor representation in Bankruptcy Courts. Insurance coverage matters. Writs and Appeals. Business and real estate transactions.
- Mower, Koeller, Nebeker Carlson & Haluck, LLP, San Bernardino, CA. Senior Associate. 1996-2000. General civil litigation, insurance defense and insurance coverage matters, and complex construction defect litigation for developers and general contractors. Trials, mediation and arbitrations. Writs and Appeals.
- Stanfield & Warner, LLP. San Bernardino, CA. Senior Associate. 1993 to 1996. General civil litigation, insurance defense and insurance coverage matters, and complex construction defect litigation for developers, general contractors, and subcontractors. Trials, mediation and arbitrations. Writs and Appeals.
- Harding & Miller, LLP, Riverside, CA. 1988-1993. Associate Attorney. Real Estate, business and construction law. Trials and arbitrations. Creditor representation in Bankruptcy Courts. Writs and Appeals.
- State of California, Department of Motor Vehicles, New Motor Vehicle Board, Sacramento, CA. 1986-1987. Law Clerk to Chief Executive Secretary. Legal research and opinion drafting for Administrative Law Judges. Amicus Curiae for the Board.
- Judge Pro Tem, California Superior Court, Riverside County, 2000 to present. Civil Case Management, Civil Law and Motion, Traffic Arraignments and Trials, Small Claims Trials, Landlord-Tenant Trials and Case Management.
- Judicial Arbitrator: California Superior Court, Riverside County. 2000 to present. Business, Real Estate, Personal Injury, and Construction litigation.
- Riverside County Bar Association, Member, 1987 to present. Attorney-Client Fee Arbitration Panel.
- Professor of Law, California Southern School of Law, 2001-2003. Civil Procedure.
- State Bar of California, Real Estate Section, Member, 1988 to present.
- Southern California Defense Counsel, Member, 1993 to 1999.
- University of California, Hastings Trial College, Participant, 1996.
- American Inns of Court, Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court, Member, 1990 to 1992.
- Barristers, Riverside County Bar Association, Treasurer, 1988 to 1991.
- Canyon Crest Country Club, Riverside, CA, Board Member, 2004 to 2009, Chairman of Board of Governors.
- United States Professional Tennis Association, Member.